Louis grew up in mid Cornwall. He trained as a Solicitor with Follett Stock Solicitors in Truro.
On qualification, Louis joined the prestigious national firm Burges Salmon LLP where he spent three successful years before joining Parnalls as a Director in March 2010.
Louis has experience in a multitude of sectors including leisure, rural land, agriculture, retail, transport and telecommunications. Louis has acted for a range of clients including public limited companies, investment funds, small and medium sized businesses, charities and private individuals.
Past experiences include:
- Acting for an investment fund in the acquisition of holiday/ caravan parks totalling approximately £25 million in value;
-Advising a FTSE 100 public limited company on the management of its property portfolio;
- Advising a Westcountry based charity on the acquisition of its retail portfolio;
- Acting for a series of landowners and farmers in various rural/ agricultural land transactions such as farm acquisitions, option agreements, conditional contracts and land swaps; and
- Acting in the sale and purchase of various businesses including hotels, pubs, restaurants, shops, caravan and camping parks and nursing homes.
Recent experiences include:
- Acting in the purchase of a large Agri-business
- Sale of a large farm holding in Holsworthy
- Sale of a holiday complex for £1.6m
- Advising a range of landowners on a range of renewable energy projects
Louis is a member of the CLA, Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association, Countryside Alliance and Agricultural Law Association.
Louis is also the founder of the South West Leisure and Tourism Association (SWLTA).
To contact Louis Mathers, please call 01566 772375 or to email Louis click here.